Acid is the presence of hydrogen ions in water and is measured in water through the pH scale which ranges from 1 (most acidic) to 14 (most basic). Pure water is neutral with a pH of 7 and ideally, residential water should be between 7.0-7.5 on the pH scale. Note that the pH scale is logarithmic, so a pH of 5 is 10 times as acidic as a pH of 6. The EPA recommends treating water with a pH of 6.5 and below. Acid is neutralized by dissolving basic minerals such as calcium carbonate into water. Backwashing neutralizers can be used to treat water with a pH of 5.5 and higher (in most applications).
Benefits of a Neutralizer
- Neutralizes acid to protect pipes, faucets, water heaters, boilers, etc. from corrosion
- Eliminate blue/green staining associated with a low pH
Lancaster Legacy Series Neutralizer Features
- Electronic head w/ microprocessor to control operations
- Automatic backwash system cleans tank to keep flow rates high
- Vortech distributor increases flow rates and acid neutralizing efficiency
- Bypass valve keeps the water on during servicing
- 1” Riser and self cleaning distributor minimizes pressure losses
- Custom medium application to treat your water
Schedule your FREE Water Treatment Assessment and Estimate Today! Call us at 410-840-8118 or use the scheduling form on this page.
The assessment includes:
- Water Quality Test for acid, hardness, nitrates, chlorine & iron
- Equipment recommendations, sizing, and location
- Well pump and tank inspection